moved to the Eichbaum building. Fifth avenue was the address"of the school for over forty years. In the latter location, another disastrous fire wiped out the school. However, Mr. Duff was not only a great educator, but an able financier. This combination of qualities, together with strict integrity and firmness of purpose, enabled him without delay to re-establish the college in its fourth location, in the Harper building at Liberty avenue and Eighth street. A year-book, a cloth-bound volume of eighty pages, issued by the college while at this location, gives the names and addresses of graduates from practically every state in the Union. In 1904, the school was moved to the Irish building, where it remained for ten years. Two years after its location at this address, Mr. Duff decided to retire from the educational field, and on June 1, 1906, P. S. Spangler became principal of the college. Mr. Spangler’s educational background fitted him peculiaTly well for the office for which he was selected. His entire life has been devoted to public and private school work. His education was received in the public and normal schools of Pennsylvania, Otterbein University and Iron City College, where he received his technical commercial training. He was a member of the faculty of Iron City College, and was superintendent of the Commercial Department, for eight years previous to his election as principal of Duff’s College. In 1908, Duff’s College secured control of the Iron City College, which was thereafter operated as a branch for specialized training in Gregg shorthand and secretarial duties and functions. In Duff’s, Graham shorthand and typewriting had been introduced many years previous, but the growing popularity of the Gregg system made such a specialized school very desirable. In 1914, Duff’s College removed to the second and third floors of the Stanwix building, Penn avenue and Stanwix street. In 1921, control of the Martin Shorthand School was secured, and this was combined with the Iron City branch. The growth of the school became so phenomenal, that the combined quarters of the Iron City branch and Duff’s were wholly inadequate, and it became necessary to seek more extensive space. In 1922, therefore, a four-story building on