1902. Leechburg Light and Fuel Company, supplying
Leechburg, Pa., and vicinity.
1903. Western Pennsylvania Natural Gas Company,
owned by the American Window Glass Company, and supplying
its factories at Arnold and Jeannette, Pa.
1906. Kittanning Consolidated Natural Gas Company,
and Garretts Run Gas Company, supplying Kittanning and
Ford City, and their environs.
1909. Patterson Natural Gas Company, and Evans City
Natural Gas Company, supplying Zelienople, Harmony,
Evans City, etc.
In 1890 the American Natural Gas Company supplied
two brickyards and 24 domestic consumers with fuel, and
today have upward of 18,000 domestic and commercial consumers,
and supply about 100 industrial plants, in the towns
named, and in other localities. The authorized capital stock
of the company is $6,000,000, of which $4,500,000 is outstanding.
The company has 800 wells, with approximately
800 miles of pipe. There are ten pumping stations, and one
ander construction. Xavier Wittmer, who died in July, 1921,
was president of the company from the date of its organization
until his death, when he was succeeded by Henry Wittmer,
who was the company’s general manager from its organization.
The company operates in Allegheny, Armstrong,
Beaver, Butler, Westmoreland, Indiana and Clarion counties.
The officers are: Henry Wittmer, president and general manager;
George Wittmer, Jr., vice president and treasurer; R. H.
Smith, secretary and assistant treasurer; Thomas Wittmer,
vice president and general superintendent; H. H. Brown.
assistant secretarv.
MANUFACTURERS LIGHT AND HEAT COMPANY
The Manufacturers Light and Heat Company was incorporated
under the laws of Pennsylvania, April 21. 1903. Its